The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
This document lays out the feature and API set for the Kepler release of the Eclipse Graphical Modeling Framework Tooling (GMF-T) Project, version 3.1.0. This project plan inherits from the Modeling Project Plan, which should be referenced when consulting this individual project plan.
There are no architectural issues for 3.1 release.
GMF Tooling architecture:
- Set of user editable EMF models for describing the diagram structure (GMF Map), graphical (GMF Graph) and behavior (GMF ToolDef)
Model-to-model transformation from input models to code-generation model (GMF Gen)
- 2 alteenative transformation modes supported, java- and QVTO-based
Diagram code is generated by executing templates against the transformed GMF Gen model instance
- prior to 3.1 release GMF-T supports only legacy templates language based on proprietary fork of xPand
- for 3.1 release, and alternative experimental support for Xtend2 template language is added
- GMF-Tooling is capable of providing graphical syntax for arbitrary EMF-based metamodel
Toolsmith may customize generation by using partial "aspects" for templates
- Prior to 3.1 GMF-T allowed toolsmith to modify the generation of the fixed set of generated classes
- Since 3.1 release GMF-T codegeneration supports generation of additional classes or suppressing the generation of the
Default EMF-generated tree-editors provided for all the models
- 3.1 release improves custom edit-providers for GMF Graph / GMF Gen models to simplify editing
- 3.1 release provides the bootstrapping component that allows to edit input models from the diagrams
- 3.1 release provides (as an experimental feature) graphical editor to define the appearance GMF Graph figures from the WYSIWYG-type diagram
Nothing has been deprecated.
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the GMF newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse (i.p, GMF Runtime / Notation, Papyrus)