Remote Application Platform 2.2.0 Release Review
Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
Move the ClientScripting component from the RAP Incubator project into the RWT core library; change namespace to org.eclipse.rap.rwt.scripting
New widget tooltips
- Updated internal JSON parser with performance improvements
Build migrated to new RAP Hudson HIPP
Bug 413668 - Cross Site Request Forgery vulnerability (aka CSRF/XSRF)
This vulnerability has been reported 2013-07-24; a fix has been implemented and backported to RAP 2.1.1.
The RAP Developer's Guide has been updated, it's available in the tools and on the project web site.
Examples and demos are included in the examples feature. They have been tested with 2.2.
- 5 active committers
- continuous committer activity
- continuous integration including more than 6000 unit tests (https://hudson.eclipse.org/rap/job/rap-head-runtime/test/)
- strict coding standards (http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/CodingStandards)
- active community of users and testers
RAP 2.2 is backwards compatible to 2.1 and 2.0 with the exception of breaking changes in the (provisional) Remote API. This API had been introduced in 2.0, but announced and declared as provisional. The change affects custom widgets only. It has been announced in the newsgroup and in the 2.1 New and Noteworthy.
There was no API deprecation or removal in RAP 2.2.
- RWT requires javax.servlet >= 2.5
- OSGi integration compatible with OSGi core spec
- RAP protocol uses strict JSON as specified in RFC 4627
- Steady flow of bug reports in bugzilla (~ 30 bug reports / month, including feature requests)
- Very active discussions on the community forum/newsgroup
- Talks at Eclipse demo camps and conferences
- Blogs about RAP at http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tag/rap/, aggregated on Planet Eclipse
Integration with other Eclipse projects
- EMF provides RAP support
- Scout, Riena and Gyrex use RAP
- EMF Client Platform is compatible with RAP
- RAP Incubator provides RAP versions of the Nebula Grid and other components