The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
- Create entry level downloads based on defined user profiles.
- Integrate the EPP Marketplace Client. The Eclipse Marketplace Client from the EPP MPC project is included in all packages.
- Provide a central build infrastructure for the eclipse.org package builds. The EPP package builds are running on Hudson and allow early feedback on the content of the Simultaneous Releases (Europa, Ganymede, Galileo, Helios, Indigo, Juno, Kepler).
Since June 2007, the project delivered packages for all Simultaneous Releases, including Europa, Ganymede, Galileo, Helios, Indigo, Kepler and all of their service releases and had millions of downloads.
No major known issues or changes in the release.
The packages are now being distributed based on Eclipse Platform version 4.3.
No known issues in the release.
User documentation for this release is availabl in the form of web pages or wiki pages http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Category:EPP
- The EPP Committer and Maintainer Policy
- How-to specify an EPP configuration file
- How-to create the package definition files, package defining feature, branding plug-in
- How-to build your own package
- Package Testing
- Build Infrastructure
No usability issues.
The Eclipse for Mobile Developers packages has been discontinued on maintainers request.
The EPP packages require Java 1.6 or higher and are based on Eclipse 4.3.
- Active committers (18) and contributors from many different companies and partners. All package maintainers have full committer status on the project in a lightweight way similar to the Orbit project (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/EPP/EPP Committer and Maintainer Policy)
- Developer mailing list with about 2.560 e-mails (about 500 since the Juno release)
- Participation in the Eclipse Planning Council and in the Eclipse Architecture Council