The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
Subversive is an Eclipse Team Provider for Subversion (SVN). Subversive is Technology sub-project. Release 1.1.0 will be available as a part of Kepler simultaneous release. The goal of the release is to provide new features and improvements appeared since the previous Simultaneous release.
New Features (since Juno release)
- Win64 platform support
- SVN 1.7 support
- Plug-in integration API improvements
- Usability improvements
- API conforms with Eclipse Quality standards
- API description: http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/integrations.php
- Subversive supports Team API introduced in Eclipse 3.0 and Eclipse 3.2
- SVN 1.7 features are supported
There are no known security issues.
- Documentation is a part of Subversive distribution and is automatically integrated into Eclipse help
- Available on site: http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/documentation/index.php
- Architecture review, list of extension points and integration examples available on site: http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/integrations.php
- IP process followed
- IP Log: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=technology.subversive
- Project released under EPL
IP Issues – Next Steps
Current Subversive distribution approach:
- Subversive itself is EPL-compatible and is distributed from eclipse.org
- JavaHL and SVNKit EPL-incompatible SVN Connectors are marked as “exempt pre-req” and “works with” dependencies (correspondingly) and are distributed from polarion.com
Upcoming SVN 1.8 release is expected to discard its GPL dependencies. Then SVN and its JavaHL library can become EPL-compatible.
Follow User Interface Guidelines
- Make Subversive close to CVS as much as possible
- Use best practices for professional UI: care about controls layout, use input validators, use standard icons, etc.
Pursue continuous UI review inside the team
Implement usability features suggested by the community
Subversive provides support for all operations available for SVN clients. It means that it can be used as a fully-functional Eclipse SVN client and as a replacement of the original SVN client.
Subversive provides a set of unique features that improve usability for developers:
- Support of repository layouts recommended by Subversion
- Revision browsing
- Automatic search of Eclipse projects in the repository
- Revision graph
No features or APIs are moving into End of Life in this release.
- Subversive requires J2SE 1.5 and Eclipse 3.6 and higher
- Versions compatible with previous versions of Eclipse are available at the previous project location on polarion.org
- Subversive supports SVN 1.1 – 1.7
- Active communication with the community through Mailing lists, Newsgroup, Bugzilla, etc.
- Active users community: more than 500 downloads per day
- Project has a Developers and Integrators community and benefits from six integrations with open-source and commercial tools; other integrations are expected