The scope of this project is to provide an integrated development environment for developing data flow-oriented systems using block diagrams.
This will include:
- Metamodel for data flow-oriented system models
- Graphical and textual editors
- A simulation environment for simulating continuous, synchronous and asynchronous systems
- Code generators to transform system models into source code
- A declarative programming language for defining block behavior
- A Block library containing commonly used blocks
- Support for customizing and extending various aspects of the environment, such as simulation engine, code generators, and block libraries
- Support to derive custom data flow-oriented languages based on the structural and diagram editing components of this project
Note that this project is unrelated to process flow and work flow modeling. A description of the conceptual differences is given in the next section.