Eclipse Ditto 0.8.0
- Persistence of digital twins
- Specification of the "Ditto Protocol" for interaction with twins
- Emitting change notifications whenever a twin was changed
- Providing a search index for efficiently finding twins by their data
- Fine grained access control to twins
- Support for APIs: HTTP/REST, WebSocket, AMQP 1.0 (especially Eclipse Hono), AMQP 0.9.1, MQTT 3.1.1
- Documentation and specification of all APIs
- Java artifacts of Ditto's core model + the "Ditto Protocol"
- A horizontally scalable microservice based architecture
- Docker images of all microservices
- Deployment descriptors for Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
Ditto will continue to keep its main APIs (regarding things, policies and search) backwards compatible and already uses schema-versioning at the HTTP API level in order to being able to evolve breaking APIs.
No efforts towards i18n are done in this release.
Ditto delivers docker images with a pre-bundled Java runtime (powered by OpenJ9 0.9.0 at the moment). Ditto supports deployment to Docker Swarm and Kubernetes out of the box.