The first minor release of Eclipse Ditto 1.x will focus on the following topics/enhancements:
- Addition of MQTT 5 connectivity
- Enriching emitted Ditto messages (e.g. twin events, live messages) with extra fields from the thing
- Support for policies in Ditto Protocol and in Ditto Java client
- Support for search in Ditto Protocol and in Ditto Java client
- Run Ditto services with Java 11
- First steps towards end-2-end acknowledgements handled by Ditto:
Model implementations which Ditto 1.2.0 will use in order to e.g. settle/acknowledge received messages over protocols supporting that, based on the successful application of a received message to the Ditto persistence or even to other external subscribers.
This will enable QoS 1 (at least once) processing of messages from connection protocols supporting different quality of services (e.g. AMQP, MQTT).
Wednesday, April 29, 2020