Eclipse Kuksa 0.1.0
Eclipse Kuksa Release 0.1.0
The first Eclipse Kuksa 0.1.0 release contains various software across the domains in-vehicle, cloud, apps, and IDE and focuses primarily on providing fundamental functionalities to setup a cloud environment as well as target devices that interact within this environment.
Device owners within this environment can select applications over an Appstore and install them on their target device. Such applications can exchange data with or store data in the cloud. Therefore, required software on the device is directly included within images built for (ARM) platforms such as the Raspberry Pi3 via provided build scripts. Furthermore, developers can publish new applications to the Appstore and register new devices for specific Appstore users.
For a more detailed description of the deliverables, please visit the release plan tab => deliverables.
- The development around the Eclipse Kuksa cloud is so far more a proof-of-concept and not intended to provide a direct production ready and secure deployment.
- The integrated services often use the respective standard credentials (e.g. admin/admin)
- The Eclipse Kuksa cloud uses certificates from Let’s Encrypt which should be replaced for commercial deployments
- Eclipse Kuksa integrates Eclipse Hono 0.8 which is not the newest version
- The default user/password configuration for
- AGL image
- Mosquitto client (no SSL/TLS)
- ... are in default configuration and not intended for a secure "end product" use.
Eclipse Kuksa comes with:
- A project site containing generic information, a blog, and links to the documentation, repositories, and eclipse representations
- An integration repository used for storing build, test, and deployment configuration for CI purposes
- The usability of Eclipse Kuksa features should be outlined in its corresponding Readme.md file
Since this is the first release of Eclipse Kuksa, there are no deprecated or removed features.
- MQTT for communication between In-Vehicle platform and Cloud backend