Eclipse MoDisco 1.2.0
This document lays out the feature and API set for the next release of the Eclipse MoDisco framework (MoDisco Project), version 1.2.0. This project plan inherits from the Modeling Project Plan, which should be referenced when consulting this individual project plan.
This release is mainly about dealing with bug fixing, performance improvement and compatibility with Eclipse Photon.
The release deliverables have the same form as is found in most Eclipse projects, namely:
- MoDisco SDK (includes runtime, sources, examples, tests and documentation) (downloadable and update site).
Compatibility of Release 1.2.0: The MoDisco project will be developed in parallel, and released simultaneously, with the following Eclipse projects. As stated above, each milestone release of the MoDisco project will be compatible with the corresponding milestones for each of these projects, and delivered at the appropriate offset.
- Eclipse Platform SDK version 4.8.0
- Eclipse EMF version 2.14.0
- Eclipse EMF Compare version 4.0.0
- Eclipse EMF Services version 1.12.0
- Eclipse CDO version 4.7.0
- Eclipse EMF Facet version 1.3.0
- Eclipse MDT UML2 version 5.4.0
- Eclipse OCL version 6.4.0
- Eclipse ATL version 4.0.0
- Eclipse Acceleo version 3.8.0
- Eclipse BIRT version 4.8.0
The Eclipse Platform is designed as the basis for internationalized products. The user interface elements provided by the Eclipse SDK components, including dialogs and error messages, are externalized. The English strings are provided as the default resource bundles. As a result, the MoDisco project will provide English strings in its default bundles and be localized to a subset of those locales offered by the Platform.
In order to remain current, each Eclipse release targets reasonably current versions of the underlying operating environments. The Eclipse MoDisco project depends upon on the Platform and other projects, which are mostly "pure" Java. MoDisco will target the same Java version as EMF. Eclipse Platform SDK 4.8 will be tested and validated on a number of reference platforms. MoDisco will be tested and validated against a subset of those listed for the platform.