Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
This release of UML2 is focused on compliance with the UML 2.5 specification and includes a number of enhancements to better support the community. The New and Noteworthy items for Luna are described here.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
- Documentation hosted at http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/?project=uml2
- Documentation (FAQ, Javadoc, articles, etc.) available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/UML2
- Example features/plug-ins available
- Sample tools haven't changed.
- UML2 5.0 conforms to Eclipse User Interface Guidelines
- Eclipse platform standard i18n support used where applicable/possible; stand-alone deployment uses equivalent J2SE APIs
- ICU4J is used but optional; stand-alone deployments delegate to corresponding J2SE 5.0 APIs when ICU not available
- Language packs will be created as part of an Eclipse Translation Project
- Eclipse platform APIs used to provide accessible UI
Some APIs have been removed as part of this release. See UML2 5.0 Migration Guide for details.
UML2 5.0 is compliant with UML 2.5.
- New committer (Christian Damus)
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse