Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
Major evolutions for this version:
- Version number: for a better management of version numbering between major/minor/service, and in conformance to Capella, Kitalpha starts at 5.0.0.
- Move to Eclipse 2020-06
- Upgrade to Java 14 with Java 8 compatibility
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
Kitalpha is the component which contains the CTK and the environments for development and execution of MBE (model-based engineering) workbenches. Kitalpha depends on modeling components (e.g., EMF, Sirius, Xtext, EMF Diff/Merge, EGF).
The Kitalpha solution is an Eclipse platform which integrates Kitalpha. The purpose is to provide a consistent and ready-to-use development platform.
Kitalpha can be specialized in order to provide workbench-specific development environments. For instance, Capella Studio is a Kitalpha solution which integrated Capella with specific adaptions (e.g., contributions to editors, generators) for development of Capella viewpoints and tools (e.g., model checking, transformations).
Kitalpha is extendable by Kitalpha addons (e.g., Eclipse Platform Introspection).
No security issue identified
All communication links regarding Kitalpha solution are up-to-date:
- Website with different sections:
- Installation instructions on Getting Started page
- Community links
- Download page for Kitalpha solution and Documentation
- Events around Kitalpha solution (conferences, talks, etc.)
- Links to YouTube dedicated channel for Kitalpha
- Forum: New forum, Previous forum
- Code is managed under GitHub Eclipse/Kitalpha
Kitalpha is built with Jenkins and Maven.
The Kitalpha documentation is available on the Kitalpha Wiki page:
No Kitalpha component is deprecated so far.
Kitalpha intents to implement the ISO/IEC-42010 standard.
Kitalpha was created in the context of the collaborative Sys2Soft and Crystal projects, and improved in the context of Clarity, a collaborative project dedicated to Capella.
The vector of development of the Kitalpha community is essentially the Capella ecosystem. Capella Studio, based on Kitalpha, is the environment to develop and execute viewpoints for Capella.