Eclipse MDT UML2 3.2.0
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
The release deliverables have the same form as is found in most Eclipse projects, namely:
- MDT UML2 source code release, available as versions tagged "R3_2" in the project's CVS repository.
- MDT UML2 SDK (includes runtime, sources, examples, and documentation) (downloadable and update site).
- MDT UML2 runtime binary distribution (downloadable and update site).
- MDT UML2 stand-alone binary distribution (downloadable).
- MDT UML2 tests (downloadable)
Compatibility of Release 3.2: The MDT UML2 project will be developed in parallel, and released simultaneously, with the following projects. As stated above, each milestone release of the MDT UML2 project will be compatible with the corresponding milestones for each of these projects, and delivered the appropriate offset.
- Eclipse Platform SDK version 3.7
- Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) version 2.7
The Eclipse Platform is designed as the basis for internationalized products. The user interface elements provided by the Eclipse SDK components, including dialogs and error messages, are externalized. The English strings are provided as the default resource bundles. As a result, the MDT UML2 project will provide English strings in its default bundles and be localized to a subset of those locales offered by the Platform. This plan will be updated to indicate which locales will be provided and the time frame for availability.
In order to remain current, each Eclipse release targets reasonably current versions of the underlying operating environments. The Eclipse Unified Modeling Language (MDT UML2) project depends upon on the Platform and other projects, which are mostly "pure" Java. The 3.7 release of the Eclipse Platform Project is written and compiled against versions 1.5 and 1.6 of the Java Platform APIs, and targeted to run on version 1.5 of the Java Runtime Environment, Standard Edition. MDT UML2 will target the same Java version as EMF, which currently also requires Java 5. Eclipse Platform SDK 3.7 will be tested and validated on a number of reference platforms. MDT UML2 will be tested and validated against a subset of those listed for the platform.
Service, Support, and Maintenance
<div> The MDT UML2 project has a proven track record of quality and reliability. Service and support will take priority over new development work; commitments and schedules are subject to arbitrary change, slippage, or even deferral. </div>
- Problems with EOCL_ENV declaration when switching back and forth between using operations package and not using operations package 
(target milestone: RC2)
- error unexpected with InterfaceRealization 
(target milestone: M3)
- Keep up with EMF 2.
7 changes  (target milestone: RC3)