This project will provide a comprehensive Business Process Management Suite (BPMS) which covers all phases of the Business Process Lifecycle including modeling, simulation, execution and monitoring.
The contribution scope is:
- The business process modeling environment including human workflow, system integration, organizational and data modeling entirely based on Eclipse, facilitated by the Process Workbench
- The Runtime Environment including the Process Engine and the browser-based End User Process Portal entirely based on Web standards (J2EE, JSF) as well as planned adoption for OSGi services
- The rapid application development environment embedded in Eclipse
- The simulation feature
- The interfaces to external systems (e.g. via Web Services or messaging), Document Repositories, Scanning Engines and Business Rules Management Systems
Not in scope are:
- The Reporting Engine, which is handled by the Eclipse BIRT project
- Document Repositories, Scanning Engines and Business Rules Management Systems
- Application Servers and Database Management Systems being Runtime Environments for the Process Engine and the Process Portal and especially not
- Any business process models for an arbitrary industry
These contributions are either complementary components to a BPMS or value add by industry providers in their respective application domains.