Eclipse Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform 1.2.0
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- m2e-wtp feature
- m2e-wtp optional JPA feature
- m2e-wtp optional JSF feature
- m2e-wtp optional JAX-RS feature
- m2e-wtp SDK (source archive) feature
Compatibility with previous m2e-wtp releases
- API Contract Compatibility : m2e-wtp 1.2.0 is generally backward compatible with previous m2e-wtp versions
- Workspace Compatibility: m2e-wtp 1.2.0 is backward compatible with previous m2e-wtp versions
- Project Compatibility: m2e-wtp 1.2.0 is backward compatible with previous m2e-wtp versions
All m2e-wtp user interface elements are externalized, but only English strings are provided as the default resource bundles.
m2e-wtp development team did not do any localization and/or accessibility testing due to resource constraints.
- JDK 1.7 is now required to execute m2e-wtp 1.2.0
- m2e-wtp 1.2.0 is tested on Java 7 and Java 8
- m2e-wtp 1.2.0 requires m2e 1.6.0 at least
- m2e-wtp 1.2.0 is compatible with Eclipse 4.4 and Eclipse 4.5 and is generally expected to work on each of these Eclipse platforms
Agile Open-Source project
m2e-wtp, as a sub-project of m2e, is an agile open source project and as such does not have feature and/or bugfix roadmap. We encourage community members to come forward with ideas how to improve m2e-wtp and generally plan to prioritize patches review over other m2e-wtp development activities.
In order to implement new maven features into m2e-wtp or fix bugs, we continuously help improve both m2e's and WTP's APIs, working closely with core developers of both projects, by contributing patches, raising bug or enhancement requests.