Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
At Bosch, we are developing a Framework that supports development of smart contacts, through DSL editors, validators and deployment, using compilation & debugging utilities, of smart contracts for different types of Blockchain like Ethreum, Hyper Ledger..Etc.
IoT represents a network of objects embedded of electronics, software, sensors, and connectivity to power those objects to exchange data with external entities to address real world problems.
Objects connected through heterogeneous infrastructures leaves plenty of room for vulnerability and security threats. The need for a highly secure and efficient data management system as well as it raises the need of distributed and trusted transactional eco-system. This in turn has created an opportunity for using Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) such as Blockchain to address the challenges of connected cars or any other connected device, data security and distributed transactional systems.
Blockchain introduces the concept of smart contracts in the form of small programs. These contracts automate the exchange of valuable data, based on some predefined rules. In IOT industry, smart contracts can be embedded in FOTA (flash over the air) Blockchain to automatically release and transfer software updates safely to connected objects on the field.
This project provides a unified development environment for developing smart contracts or D-APPS. This includes development of smart contracts, compilation, debugging support and deployment to Blockchain networks.
This project provides tools and components that facilitate the development of decentralized applications. This project provides an IDE for Blockchain based decentralized applications development.
The Eclipse Foundation has a strong history and community around building vendor-agnostic developer tools. Most of the IDE’s used to develop embedded/IOT software’s are developed using Eclipse , we plan do a seamless integration to these IDE’s.
As part of initial contribution, we would contribute a set of eclipse plugins that enables Eclipse IDE to support development and execution of smart contracts.
Features for initial contribution
- Generating Blockchain or D-APP projects from templates based on the nature of block-chain variant.
- Support for creating smart contracts, web application, tests and migration scripts.
- Compiling of smart contracts
- Support for build tools for building smart contracts
- Context sensitive editors for smart contracts
- Configuration and Deployment of smart contracts on to test net
- Views to display transaction account, history , event notifications and runtime information
- Context sensitive editors to write smart contracts
- Initial contribution: November 2019.
- Tech preview & beta: Feb 2020
- First release: May2020
- Integration into Eclipse Che and Theia July 2020
- Debugging of smart contracts
- Fast code refactoring and out of the box templates