Next to some bugfixes, the release also contains new features and backward incompatible changes.
- On the C side the most important new feature is the support of the Object-Oriented Extension of the TTCN-3 standard (please note, it is a feature in progress with some features still missing as described in the Bugzilla bug 552011).
- On the Java side we have greatly improved the processing speed by parallelizing some of the operations to make use of multi-core CPUs:
- Titanium code smell checkers will be run in parallel
- The semantic checking of TTCN-3 and ASN.1 modules will be run in parallel (when there is no dependency between the modules)
- The syntactic checking (parsing) in case of project hierarchies can be run in parallel on several projects
- Also on the Java side we have added support for JSON encoding/decoding.
Backward incomaptible changes:
- 'omit' matching mechanism is no longer allowed for union fields
- To fix a compilation issue in the Java code generator when used with very large modules we had to change where the typedescriptors are generated into the generated code.
Thursday, July 30, 2020
Major release (API breakage)