EATOP is an infrastructure platform implementation of common base functionality for design tools that enable an effective usage of the architecture description language EAST-ADL in software and systems development. It includes the following capabilities:
EMF based access to the EAST-ADL meta-model
- Tools to generate an XML schema and an Ecore meta-model from the Enterprise Architect sources of the EAST-ADL releases published by the EAST-ADL association.
- EMF-based meta-model implementations of several EAST-ADL releases that provide EAST-ADL design tool developers with Java APIs for manipulating EAST-ADL model instances. EATOP contains for each supported EAST-ADL release the required meta-model implementation. The first supported EAST-ADL releases is the version 2.1.10.
File based as well as database persistency management
- EATOP provides in combination with Sphinx the functionality to serialize and deserialize the instances of the EAST-ADL meta-model within an EAXML file. The EAXML file is kind of a xml file which contains the serialized form of the EAST-ADL meta-model instances. Its content is conform to the xml schema of the corresponding EAST-ADL release.
- Database persistence of EAST-ADL models.
- Management of EAST-ADL models spread over one or multiple XML files in the Eclipse workspace.
Basic Eclipse user interface support
- A wizard for creation of an EAST-ADL project
- A wizard for creation of an EAST-ADL file (.eaxml)
- An EAST-ADL release preference page
- A property page for EAST-ADL projects
- An EATOP perspective
- An EATOP explorer view which shows only EAST-ADL content and the instances of the EAST-ADL objects in an EAST-ADL file
- A property tab which shows the properties of EAST-ADL object instances and allows to modify them
- Undo/Redo functionality
- Drag and drop functionality between EAST-ADL content
To enable a seamless workflow in a development process, interoperability and interfacing with other tools and platforms will be provided
- Bridges between EATOP and Papyrus and synchronization of EMF-based EAST-ADL APIs with UML2 profile based EAST-ADL implementations created with Papyrus.
- Interface to requirements engineering tools (via ReqIF, see Eclipse/RMF),
- Interface to software modeling tools (e.g., via AUTOSAR)
- Interface to other model-based design tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink)
- Interoperability with domain independent abstractions of EAST-ADL like the CESAR reference technology platform (www.cesarproject.eu), the MBAT reference technology platform (www.mbat-artemis.eu), or PolarSys solution.
Further miscellaneous features will ease the handling of EAST-ADL. Examples are
- Model to model transformation between the different abstraction layers within the EAST-ADL meta-model.
- Variability management supporting both the definition of variant-rich EAST-ADL models as well as creation of fully/partly configured occurrences of these models representing individual variants or variant subsets.
- A standalone application that can be used to conveniently explore EATOP without an existing Eclipse installation. It demonstrates the features and capabilities of EATOP.
- Experimental (graphical, form based, ...) editors to create and visualize EAST-ADL based models.