The transaction component provides the following capabilities.
- Multi-threading - Supports a protocol for clients to read and write EMF models on multiple threads.
- Model Integrity - Semantic integrity is ensured by automatic validation to detect invalid changes and semantic procedures to proactively maintain correctness of semantic dependencies.
- Batched Events - Clients are notified of groups of related changes in batches, rather than as a stream of EMF notifications. In particular, this allows applications to analyze change sets in their entirety.
- Undo/Redo - For a simplified programming model, the API automatically tracks changes applied to models without the need for client code to use EMF edit Commands. These changes are encapsulated in transactions/operations that can undo and redo themselves.
- Editing Domain - Support cooperative editing of models by multiple editors/applications. EMF resources can be shared amongst different editing domains.
- Eclipse Workspace - The API provides traceability between EMF resources and workspace resources. Multi-threaded access is coordinated via the Eclipse jobs API and its integration with the workspace.
- Eclipse Operations - The API supports the Eclipse operation history as an undo stack for undo/redo of resource changes. The API provides a framework for undoable operations that automatically capture undo/redo information, which can be interleaved on the same history with dependent operations that do not modify the EMF model.
Commits on this project (last 12 months).