Eclipse Hudson 3.1.0
Key New features proposed for 3.1.0 are:
- Multi-tenancy/Team Concept for Hudson
- Performance and Memory Consumption
The first of these - Team concept, is hugely important for many large organizations that wish to maintian a single Hudson infrastructure and yet sub-divide access control and job maintance for different teams. this is also very important for Cloud Infrastruct vendors that use Hudson as a backbone for provisioning or build services. Documentation on this new feature can be found on the Team Concept Wiki Page
This release also focused on anothert key enterprise feature with a large amount of deep architectural work aimed at reducing the overall memory footprint of Hudson as it manages large sets of Jobs and multiple builds. Significant gains of up to a 75% reduction in memeory footprint for a given workload have been generated from this work. Read more in the Memory Performance Wiki Page.
Hudson 3.1 should be fully compatible with earlier versions with no explicit migration or metadata changes required for migration from Hudson 3.0. Admins can simply back up their configuration and drop in the new WAR file.
Hudson Plugins (non Eclipse code) may benefit from being tuned with this release to ensure that the plug-in does not inadvertantly undo much of the good work that has been done in Core to reduce memory consumption. Guidelines will be created for Plug-in authors to help with this. However, such changes are not mandatory for plug-ins.
Hudson is provided in a variety of languages and supports community translation through the Translation Assistance Plug-in which is provided as a recommended plug-in at install time.
Hudson will be delivered on top of Jetty as per normal. As at the moment we aim to support the use of Hudson with any modern JEE container.
There are no particular O/S limitations as long as the enviroment can run a modern Java Enterprise Edition Server such as WebLogic, GlassFish or JBoss.
|M1||2013/06/03||Feature Complete Drop for 3.1. Available for testing by locally building from source|
|RC1||2013/08/06||Release candidate drop for Hudson 3.1.0. Available for upgrade testing and new feature testing. This testing release will be published and linked from the websites|
|RC2||2013/08/30||Second release candidate for 3.1.0 to allow those who raised Team Concept issues on 3.1.0RC1 to test out the fixes in an integrated build. No new features added over RC1 This testing release will be published and linked from the websites|
|Hudson 3.1.0 RTM||2013/09/13||Proposed RTM date for 3.1.0|
- Hudson should write a partial build.
xml so jobs interrupted by a restart are visible. 
api. schema URL on Hudson returns NoClassDefFoundError 
- Upgrade guava to 12.
0 or 13. 0. 1 
- Hudson with many jobs takes very long time to start 
- Group administration user interface 
- Maven 3.
0. 4 is not supported 
- Per job rename.
delete permission 
- Allow jobs to be grouped hierarchically 
- LDAP group query cannot be overridden 
- JNA Native Support Plugin breaks slave jobs 
- Bundled releases should behave like ordinary releases by default 
- Hudson slaves execute native commands via Ant instead of JNA 
- Jobs can not complete successfully on slave with: FATAL: Unable to serialize hudson.
- Team Concept: While migrating handle all existing job as Global jobs and read only 
- When Hudson run in JDK 7 plugins won't build in it 
0. 1 parent still uses maven-hpi-plugin:3. 0. 1 
- Performance: Hudson fails to load Legacy maven jobs with sub modules 
- Installing JNLP Slave as windows service fails 
- Redirect Embedded Security WIKI link in help to Eclipse 
- Team Concept: Deleting a team with jobs does not make the jobs public 
- Team Concept: If a user is admin in two or more teams he only can manage one team in his manage team view 
- Team Concept: Jobs can be moved into a team more than once 
- Team Concept: Provide a way to find the teams that a member belongs to 
- Team Concept: CLI: Copy job to a new team fails with NPE 
- Can't delete job 
- Build Name and Description Not Shown in Build History 
- Team Concept: Mixed case user names do not work correctly with teams 
- create-job CLI command with no parameters throws NPE 
- Team Concept.
CLI: Team name is not validated when creating team using CLI command create-team 
- Team Concept: CLI: create-job throws NPE 
- Team Concept: CLI: create-job fails when trying to create a job in a team when the job name matches the name of a public job 
- Deleting team with a job whose unqualified name is same as public job throws IllegalArgumentException 
- CLI: update-job throws exception when run without any parameters 
- Team Concept: CLI: create-job.
copy-job should not allow period names 
- Typo on Manage Hudson page, "Configure Authentication and Authorization *Stretegy* .
. . " 
- Add support for Multi-tenancy.
Team Concept in Hudson 
- Team Concept: Build job names should be unique within a Team only.
- Team: Cannot add jobs to a view.
cannot view job details for jobs in a view 
- Team Concept: Clicking on Move Jobs button fails in IE 8 & IE 9 
- Team Concept: Move job fails on Windows 
- Team Concept: Error message cannot be viewed without scrolling when move jobs fails 
- Team Concept: LDAP roles.
groups: LDAP user who is part of a role which is added to a team is unable to see team jobs 
- Team Concept: Renaming a job associated with a team makes the job visible only to sysadmin user 
- Migrating server from 3.
0. 1 to 3. 1. 0 fails with NPE 
- Team Concept: Shared job: Cannot copy from team job.
cannot copy from a shared job 
- Team Concept: Manage teams UI on Windows 7 is incorrect 
- Team Concept: Team job details are not accessible when switching from team authorization to no authorization 
- Team Concept: Mange teams page UI design changes 
- Team Concept: Manage Teams: Job status icon is not displayed for team jobs 
- Team Concept: Error message when adding a team name cannot be viewed without scrolling 
- Team Concept: New team: Previous details including error message are displayed 
- Team Concept: Cannot build job from command line 
- Team Concept: Hudson local database: Cannot login from the command line 
- Team Concept: Jobs dont show up in view for sysadmin 
- Team Concept: Add New Team dialog is not scaled correctly and has scrollbars 
- Team Concept: Server fails to start with NPE after moving a parent job to a new team 
- Team Concept: Team jobs are public by default 
- Team Concept: Member of multiple teams: Job permissions can conflict 
- Team Concept: Sidebar in Job page is not updated when Build Now clicked 
- CLI update-job replaces config.
xml with garbage before trying to load it; Hudson fails on restart 
- Test trend chart not displaying on dashboard 
- Cannot pass job parameters into Matrix Combination filter 
- Add the ability to disable "Override global credentials" and default to NO in enterCredential page 
- Windows slaves do not disconnect and reconnect properly 
- Team Concept: Security realm should default to Hudson's own database if no selection is made 
- Provide visual feedback of cascaded configuration 
- Make individual configuration properties overrideable 
- Support overriding a property to the same value as the parent's property 
- Test Result Trend are sometimes disappearing 
- Multi-configuration test results do not show up in grid 
- Maven Plugin 3.
0. 1 with E-mail Notification NPE 
- Git "Clean after checkout" does not clean folders 
- Hudson causes file contents SVN checkouts to become duplicated 
- copy artifacts from another project fails if the project from which to copy is running 
- email-ext plugin issue with Hudson 3.
1. 1-Snapshot where variables do not pick up the context root 
- Aborted and disabled projects are represented by the same gray circle 
- release icon missing on build history 
- Can't delete job copied from cascading parent 
- Add ability to copy teams 
- REST: Creating job with REST by team member creates a team job without the team qualifier in the job name 
tag in description breaks page formatting 
- Hudson log no longer shows build completed status or build aborted messages 
- Too long job name throws exception 
- Length of job name is not checked when renaming a job 
- CLI: Job name length is not validated 
- Exception with External job .
Team management 
- Team names should allow _ and - characters 
- Cannot rename a public job 
- Live lock in hudson.
security. SidACL. (SidACL. java:36) 
- Hudson disk-plugin is half-broken (does not display the size in job page) after upgrade to 3.
1. 0 
- Promoted builds plugin does not show badges 
- Support cascading of all or most job configuration options 
- Revert button not displayed on overridden JDK property 
- Problem with saving project changes with cascading feature 
- Test Result trend graph is completely blue, doesn't display failed tests 
- Non overridden job properties or properties with no values should not be written to config.
- Editing a multi-configuration job adds additional labels to configuration 
- Inherited Trigger settings don't cascade when changed, require Hudson restart 
- Multi-configuration child jobs tied to particular slaves do not show up in "Jobs tied to
" list 
- Renaming a cascading parent job does not update references in the children 
- Error while starting client on HP-UX B 11.
31 (ia64) OS: java. lang. UnsatisfiedLinkError: jnidispatch (. com. sun. jna. hp-ux-ia64n. libjnidispatch. so) not found in resource path at com. sun. jna. Native. loadNativeLibraryFromJar(Native. java:703) 
- Join plugin causes exception 
- Allow parent to be deleted when all cascading children are deleted 
- XML API picks team at random for non sys admin jobs 
- Team concept not supported in XML APIs 
- Inherited build parameter is reverted to original value after restart 
- Performance problem with hasCyclicCascadingLink() and LDAP security 
- wiki says environment variable is executable-war 
- NullPointer exception when running matrix job with file parameter 
- Matrix jobs don't support concurrent execution 
- Hudson log no longer shows build completed status or build aborted messages