End Date of the Review Period:
Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
The release contains following changes:
- drops compatibility with JAXB 1.0
- removes constraints on using java.desktop/java.beans.Introspector
- removes deprecated jakarta.xml.bind.Validator
- removes deprecated jakarta.xml.bind.context.factory property
- drops implementation lookup through META-INF/services/jakarta.xml.bind.JAXBContext
- drops implementation lookup through jaxb.properties file
- adds implementation lookup through the properties Map passed to JAXBContext.newInstance(...) methods
- provided implementation of the DatatypeConverterInterface throws exception on invalid input
- adds https scheme to the list of required to be removed schemes when mapping namespace to java package
- fixes cross-references in the specification document
Requires Java SE 11 or newer (aligned with Jakarta EE 10).
Conforms To UI/UX Guidelines: