The goal of this release is to provide better alignment between Jakarta RESTful Web Services and Jakarta Contexts Dependency Injection (CDI). This will be the first backward incompatible release of Jakarta REST.
- Drop support for @Context injection and related artifacts
- Define CDI scopes for all Jakarta REST types
- Define CDI integration and startup for Java SE applications
- Enhance discovery of application artifacts using CDI scanning
- Review integration with legacy Jakarta EE specifications (e.g., EJB)
- Explore integration with Jakarta Concurrency
The JDK version required will be aligned with Jakarta EE 10.