Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
The 2.4.0 release is the fourth minor release in the 2.x line. New features include:
- Upgrade to GeoTools 21 and GeoServer 2.15
- Spark support for Google Cloud Bigtable stores
- Feature expiration (time-to-live) for the Redis data store
- Support for renaming feature types
- Command-line tools for generic data stores (e.g. Postgis)
- Support for converting and ingesting Parquet files
- Distributed export through the command-line tools
There has been no work on security issues related to this release, aside from updating dependency versions for Jackson, JAI-EXT, GeoTools, and Spring, among others.
Documentation has been updated and hosted on geomesa.org. Older documentation is still available corresponding to released versions. Tutorials and examples have been updated on github. Older versions are still available as git tags.
GeoMesa continues to support OGC standards through the use of GeoTools and GeoServer.
GeoMesa has established a robust forum for users and adopters on Gitter (https://gitter.im/locationtech/geomesa), where discussions take place most days. GeoMesa continues to maintain a developers (https://locationtech.org/mhonarc/lists/geomesa-dev/) and users (https://locationtech.org/mhonarc/lists/geomesa-users/) mailing list.
GeoMesa is also active on StackOverflow and StackExchange, responding to all relevant questions that are tagged.
GeoMesa has received some community contributions in this release, including improved Bigtable support, Spark SQL bug fixes, and help upgrading GeoTools versions.