Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
- [Fixed] During this release cycle the project had to provide fixes for Firefox 29+, Chrome 33+, and Webkit bugs
- The DropDown widget has been migrated to the RAP Runtime core
No known issues in the release.
The RAP Developer's Guide has been updated, it's available in the tools and on the project web site.
Examples and demos are included in the examples feature. They have been tested with 2.3. Release, stable, and nightly build versions of the examples are deployed online available at rap.eclipsesource.com/.
- 7 active committers
- continuous committer activity
- using Gerrit with mandatory code reviews
- continuous integration including more than 6000 unit tests (https://hudson.eclipse.org/rap/job/rap-head-runtime/test/)
- strict coding standards (http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/CodingStandards) and ramp down policy
- active community of users and testers
No usability issues.
RAP 2.3 is backwards compatible to 2.2, 2.1 and 2.0 with the exception of breaking changes in the (provisional) Remote API. This API had been introduced in 2.0, but announced and declared as provisional. The change affects custom widgets only. It has been announced in the newsgroup and in the 2.1 New and Noteworthy.
The lifecycle package org.eclipse.rap.rwt.lifecycle has been marked as deprecated in an effort to remove the internals of the request processing (lifecycle and phases) from our public API. It will be removed in RAP 3.0.
There was no API removal in RAP 2.3.
- RWT requires javax.servlet >= 2.5
- OSGi integration compatible with OSGi core spec
- RAP protocol uses strict JSON as specified in RFC 4627
- Steady flow of bug reports in bugzilla (~ 30 bug reports / month, including feature requests)
- Very active discussions on the community forum/newsgroup
- Talks at Eclipse demo camps and conferences
- Blogs about RAP at http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tag/rap/, aggregated on Planet Eclipse
- Integration with other Eclipse projects