Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
RAP 3.1 is a minor update in the 3.x release stream. It adds support for UIs with right-to-left orientation (as used in the Arabic world), and integrates an improved CKEditor from the RAP Incubator project. Additionally, the performance has been improved by extending the new on-demand change detection.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
No known security issues.
No usability issues.
No change compared to RAP 3.0.
- RWT requires javax.servlet version 2.5 .. 3.1
- OSGi integration compatible with OSGi core spec
- RAP protocol uses strict JSON as specified in RFC 4627
- Java compiler level and minimum execution environment is Java 7 (JavaSE-1.7), but Java 8 (JavaSE-1.8) is required JFace Databinding support
- 4 active committers
- Continuous committer activity
- Increasing number of external contributors
- Steady flow of bug reports in bugzilla (~ 10 bug reports / month, including feature requests)
- Very active discussions on the community forum/newsgroup
- Blogs with N&N information about RAP at http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tag/rap/, aggregated on Planet Eclipse
- Integration with other Eclipse projects
- Active role in the LTS working group