Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
RAP 3.2 is a minor update in the 3.x release stream. In addition to general improvements (Theming, Server Push, Markup Support), the RAP E4 Incubator is now part of the main RAP Runtime projects and availabe as a separate p2 repository.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
No known security issues.
No usability issues.
No change compared to RAP 3.1.
- RWT requires javax.servlet version 2.5 .. 3.1
- OSGi integration compatible with OSGi core spec
- RAP protocol uses strict JSON as specified in RFC 4627
- Java compiler level and minimum execution environment is Java 7 (JavaSE-1.7), but Java 8 (JavaSE-1.8) is required JFace Databinding support
- 4 active committers
- Continuous committer activity
- Increasing number of external contributors
- Steady flow of bug reports in bugzilla (~ 10 bug reports / month, including feature requests)
- Active discussions on the community forum/newsgroup
- Blogs with N&N information about RAP at http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/tag/rap/, aggregated on Planet Eclipse
Integration with other Eclipse projects
- EMF provides RAP support
- RAP is one of the target platforms of EMF Client Platform
- RAP Tools is part of the EPP RCP/RAP package download
- RAP Incubator provides RAP versions of many other components