The eBAM (extended Business Activity Monitoring) project aims to realize an advanced platform for the monitoring of heterogeneous services and applications (infrastructures, processes, components) and the historical analysis of data. eBAM allows users to set the governance rules of their own monitoring system, by defining the events and services thresholds included in the BAM systems, so that users can view the most relevant events on their own systems at runtime.
eBAM main features
- Real-time data management, based on the event logic
- Automatic data collection from distributed systems
- Settlement of event rules through CEP engine
- Settlement of alarms and SLA
- Monitoring console and control over services processes
- Bidirectional interaction with external services.
The integration between eBAM and source systems is based on Adapters, specialized for each channel/protocol (log file; JMS, DB, SOAP code; etc.), which enable to:
- Recover external messages, on which users can apply CEP rules to generate relevant events and alarms
- Send notifications to external systems or actors.