Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
This is our first release since joining the Eclipse Foundation. We produced 3 milestones that introduced notable features and changes to the Golo programming language:
A complete changes summary can be found at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Golo/Roadmap-v3.0
This marks a concrete progress compared to the possible work items of our incubation proposal.
The main changes in this release are:
- Support of Java 8
- Named arguments
- Union types
- Fixed LL(k) parser for operators
- foreach loops with guard conditions
- Easier adapter generation API
- Extensible CLI subcommands
- Collection comprehensions, inspired by Python
- A switch to the Gradle build tool
- Simplified parser errors.
Golo talks were given at events such as the JUG SummerCamp in France. A tools in action session will also happen at Devoxx 2015 http://cfp.devoxx.be/2015/talk/JVJ-2637/Cylons_have_written_%22The_Plan%22_in_Golo