Eclipse Advanced Visualization Project
The scope of this project will include, but may not be limited to, the following areas:
- 1D & 2D Plotting
- Advanced 2D and 3D visualization for data analysis and post-processing
- Time series visualizations in multiple dimensions
- Constructive modeling tools for building 3D geometries and meshes
- Constructive modeling tools for building molecules and materials models
- Domain-specific scientific visualizations
Many in the community use SWT-XY-GRAPH from Eclipse Nebula for 1D & 2D plotting, but several teams have extensions and other features that either enhance or replace it and there is dedicated development in low-dimension plotting on several existing Eclipse RCP-based projects.
Imaging is of particular interest to the working groups and others in the Foundation. This project plans to develop an open-source, friendly-licensed alternative to the Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) API.