Eclipse Cargo Tracker
Eclipse Cargo Tracker provides an example application that showcases core Jakarta EE technologies.
- Demonstrate well established architectural patterns/blueprints for enterprise development with Jakarta EE using pretty close to a real world application.
- Demonstrate a concrete implementation of DDD concepts.
- Showcase some core Jakarta EE technologies.
- Jakarta EE does not attempt to be a walled garden. Like all open standards, the goal of Jakarta EE is to provide a reliable core standard foundation that a vibrant ecosystem of plug-ins and extensions can be built around. In that spirit, we will incorporate a select set of representative tools that complement Jakarta EE well such as Maven, JUnit, Cargo, JMeter, soapUI, Arquillian, PrimeFaces and DeltaSpike.
- Comparison with other technologies such as Spring or .NET. We suggest you do your own research using the plethora of good information already available. This project is squarely about showing you how you could write good Jakarta EE applications and nothing else.
- Attempting to demonstrate the very wide gamut of Jakarta EE APIs and features. While we do incorporate a pretty representative set of Jakarta EE APIs and features, it is not our goal to serve as a kitchen sink of comprehensive Jakarta EE samples. The Jakarta EE Examples project serves that purpose far better than us.
- While it is certainly possible to learn certain aspects of Jakarta EE (primarily how to architect good Jakarta EE applications), this project is not intended to teach you the basics of Jakarta EE. The Jakarta EE Tutorial is intended as a basic learning tool for Jakarta EE.
IP Due Diligence Type: