The Jakarta Contexts and Dependency Injection 4.0 goals for this release are:
- Split the existing 3.0 specification into pieces that separate out requirements based on the target runtime container support; Java SE, Jakarta Servlet, Jakarta Message Service, etc.
- Breakup the TCK to separate out the concers along the lines of the target runtime requirements as outlined in 1.
- Introduce a new CDI-lite specification that targets supporting build time compliation of applications.
- Java SE version will be aligned with the Core profile requirements regarding Java SE versions.
- Consider addressing open issues:
Friday, December 31, 2021
Major release (API breakage)