The Jakarta Contexts and Dependency Injection 4.0 goals for this release are:
- Split the existing 3.0 specification into pieces that separate out requirements based on the target runtime container support; Java SE, Jakarta Servlet, Jakarta Message Service, etc.
- Breakup the TCK to separate out the concers along the lines of the target runtime requirements as outlined in 1.
- Introduce a new CDI-lite specification that targets supporting build time compliation of applications.
- Java SE version will be aligned with the Core profile requirements regarding Java SE versions.
- Consider addressing open issues:
- Executable methods
- Removal of deprecated bits
- Improve constructor injection
- AFTER_SUCCESS Observers and Events fired from within EntityListeners
- Add methods to BeanConfigurator for applying decorators
- All issues with a Lite label
Tuesday, March 15, 2022
Major release (API breakage)