Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
The Jakarta Contexts and Dependency Injection 4.0 goals for this release are:
- Split the existing 3.0 specification into pieces that separate out requirements based on the target runtime container support; Java SE, Jakarta Servlet, Jakarta Message Service, etc.
- Breakup the TCK to separate out the concers along the lines of the target runtime requirements as outlined in 1.
- Introduce a new CDI-lite specification that targets supporting build time compliation of applications.
- Java SE version will be aligned with the Core profile requirements regarding Java SE versions.
- Consider addressing open issues:
- Executable methods
- Removal of deprecated bits
- Improve constructor injection
- AFTER_SUCCESS Observers and Events fired from within EntityListeners
- Add methods to BeanConfigurator for applying decorators
- All issues with a Lite label