The Jakarta Enterprise Beans 4.0 intended scope includes all plans detailed in the Jakarta EE 9 Release Plan, which in essence involves a backwards incompatible namespace change from javax.ejb to jakarta.ejb. In addition the Jakarta Enterprise Beans 4.0 Release Plan will involve three changes:
- Removal of methods relying on java.security.Identity
- Removal of methods relying on JAX-RPC
- Removal of deprecated EJBContext.getEnvironment() method
- Removal of Support for Distributed Interoperability
- Mark optional EJB 2.x API Group
See the Jakarta Enterprise Beans 4.0 Release Plan for full details.