The GeoMesa team is happy to announce GeoMesa 3.0.0! This major release updates some key dependencies as well as removing some deprecations. There are various minor API differences; the main API still uses the GeoTools DataStore API for most operations.
GeoMesa version updates / new versions supported
* Hadoop 3.x
* HBase 2.x support added (HBase 1.4.x still supported)
* Accumulo 2.0 support added (Accumulo 1.9.x still supported)
* Apache Arrow 0.16
* GeoTools 23 (which matches with GeoServer 2.17)
* GeoMesa Coprocessors can be configured to yield ‘partial results’
* GeoMesa Coprocessors can be enabled / disabled individually
* Testing on Accumulo with S3
* Switched unit tests from using MockAccumulo to MiniAccumuloCluster
* Cleaned up Arrow memory usage
* Small enhancement in SFCurve which allows for improved range management
* GeoMesa's raster support
* GeoMesa's 'Native API'