Eclipse EMF Facet 0.4.0
The EMF Facet 0.4.0 release is focused on maintenance and in particular to unit test failures fixing.
The features provided by EMF Facet 0.4.0, as part of Luna are :
- A query abstraction mechanism allowing language-independent querying on models;
- The facet mechanism for dynamically extending the meta-models;
- A model customization mechanism allowing to change the rendering of model element in function of their state.
- A customizable table widget based on the NatTable library.
EMF Facet 0.4.0 has been build using Tycho. The source code has been mirgrated to Git.
No security issuse is knonw.
EMF Facet is a solution to extend existing Ecore meta-models without having to modify them.
The idea is to provide non-intrusive mechanisms to add new features (types, attributes, operations and references) to a meta-model and to customize the existing features by adding extra properties (icons, labels, etc.)
For example, EMF Facet is used by :
- MoDisco, to adapt source code meta-models to specific use cases (eg. Java code pattern matching);
- Papyrus to present UML models in tabular views.
Each API deprecation is tracked by a bug tagged [Deprecated].
Elements copied from MoDisco have been deprecated, cf. bug 361617.
The first version of the EMF Facet table widget has been deprecated cf. deprecation bugs. This table has been deprecated because it is based on the facet and customization features imported from MoDisco.
The EMF Facet does not implement any standards.