Eclipse EMF Facet 1.3.0
The EMF Facet 1.3.0 release is focused on maintenance.
The features provided by EMF Facet 1.3.0, as part of Photon are :
- A query abstraction mechanism allowing language-independent querying on models;
- The facet mechanism for dynamically extending the meta-models;
- A model customization mechanism allowing to change the rendering of model element in function of their state.
- Customizable widget
- A customizable table widget based on the NatTable library.
EMF Facet 1.3.0 has been build using Tycho. The source code is stored in Git.
No security issues is known.
EMF Facet is a solution to extend existing Ecore meta-models without having to modify them.
The idea is to provide non-intrusive mechanisms to add new features (types, attributes, operations and references) to a meta-model and to customize the existing features by adding extra properties (icons, labels, etc.)
For example, EMF Facet is used by :
- MoDisco, to adapt source code meta-models to specific use cases (eg. Java code pattern matching);
Each API deprecation is tracked by a bug tagged [Deprecated].
The EMF Facet does not implement any standards.