Eclipse Remote Application Platform 2.1.0
- RAP Runtime (Target Components): contains the RAP runtime to be used as target platform, including sources and a simple demo application. Available as p2 repository.
- RAP Tools: useful tools for developing RAP applications, templates and documentation for RAP development. Available as p2 repository.
RAP 2.1 is binary compatible with RAP 2.0, i.e. applications developed for RAP 2.0 will run on RAP 2.1 without further changes.
The Remote Application Platform is designed as the basis for internationalized products. The user interface elements provided by the RAP components, including dialogs and error messages, are externalized. The English strings are provided as the default resource bundles. The RAP project contributes its configuration to the Eclipse Babel project.
The RAP 2.1 Runtime is compatible with
- Java: Compiler level and minimum execution environment is Java 1.5 (J2SE 5.0). However, when used with javax.servlet 3.0, JavaSE-1.6 is required.
- Java Servlet API: RAP can be used with any compliant servlet container. Required servlet API version is 2.3 .. 3.0.
- Equinox/OSGi: Equinox version 4.3 is included in the basic target requirements. However, RWT and RWT-OSGi will run on any compliant OSGi container.
The default RAP client will support the following web browsers/rendering engines:
- Internet Explorer 7 and later
- Google Chrome 7 and later
- Firefox 4 and later
- Safari 4 and later
- Opera 10 and later
- iOs 5 and later (Safari)
- Android 3 and later (stock browser, limited)