Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
The Stardust 2.1.0 Release, will emphasize enhancements in the following areas:
- Portal Enhancements
- Business Process Modeler Preview Functionality
- New Features and Bug Fixes
Please consult also the releasenotes for more details.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
Project Stardust has a modular architecture strongly based on established Java technology standards and leveraging standard components wherever feasible (see the corresponding section of Graduation Review documentation for more information).
Stardust offers many hooks to extend and customize functionality by implementing Service Provider Interfaces (SPIs). See ,  and the examples given in .
Eclipse modeling functionality is heavily leveraging functionality provided by other eclipse projects, most notably EMF, GEF, WTP, BIRT, JST, JDT. Public APIs were used where possible. All residual usage of internal interfaces is documented in Bugzilla and will be reviewed in later releases (see references in Bug 402286).
No Security issues.
All currently present project, infrastructure and user documentation has been improved.
User documentation and general public descriptions:
- Project Home Page
- Installation Manual
- Source Code and build was extended and simplified
- Knowlege Base featuring many documents on various topics of Stardust usage, customizing and tuning
- User Forum more and more questions and answers
- Stardust is fully internationalized
- All strings presented to users are externalized
- We are pre-bundeling English and German localization files
- Further locales can be added
- We have extensively tests different locales, also with multibyte character encodings
- Stardust is also available in the Babel project
Examples and Tutorials:
- Several tutorials provided with product documentation
- YouTube Channel was added
Stardust is available on Amazon Web Services
- All eclipse modeler UI components were designed and implemented in the spirit of the Eclipse User Interface Guidelines
- Usage of Stardust eclipse modeling functionality is facilitated by Cheat Sheets.
- Browser portal and modeler functionality user interface is following similar principles but had to be adapted in some respects due to the technical requirements of html 5 components.
We dropped the support of JBoss 5.1
The Stardust 2.0 release supports, is compliant with or is based on the following standards: