Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
ACTF is a framework that serves as an extensible infrastructure upon which developers can build a variety of utilities that help to evaluate and enhance the accessibility of applications and content for people with disabilities. A collection of example utilities will also be provided which were created on top of the framework such as compliance validation tools, assistive technology simulation applications, usability visualization tools, unit-testing utilities, and alternative accessible interfaces for applications.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
- 8 extension points are available
- HTML parser, ODF API, Web Browser Editor, ...
Non-API use in ACTF
ACTF uses several components from swt.internal to access native applications
- to get accessibility information
- to control existing Text-to-Speech engines
to embed applications (IE, OpenOffice.org, etc.) as Eclipse Editor/View for accessibility evaluation
- ACTF also uses reflection method to obtain HTML source, live DOM, URL, etc. from existing Browser components, such as SWT Browser Editor or Browser Output View.
- For more details including migration plan:
There is no known security issue.
- Visualization SDK includes documentation for users and developers.
- APIs have Javadoc.
- Extension points have a reference document.
Several documents have been published on the ACTF documentation page.
ACTF Visualization part has been designed with localization in mind and will keep internationalization in mind as we go forward.
- UI messages are externalized
- Now it supports English, Japanese and Chinese (partially).
- ACTF Visualization part has been designed with Eclipse User Interface Guidelines in mind.
- UI Checklist is not firm yet, but will be updated in the future release
Several kinds of exemplary tools are available
- Accessibility visualization/evaluation tools: aDesigner, miChecker
- Sample implementation of HTML evaluation tool: HTML Checker
- Sample implementation of visualization functions: SimpleVisualizer
- Audio Description editor for internet movies: EASEL (Eclipse ACTF Script Editor Lite)
There are no features that are designated for end-of-life in this release.
W3C HTML5, HTML 4.01 (and older recommendations 3.2, 4.0)
- HTML model component
OASIS Open Document Format v1.1
- ODF model component
- Bugzilla is used by committers and community members, e.g., exemplary tool users, developers, etc.
- ML is used to discuss project plans, etc..
- Newsgroup is not much used yet, but is monitored by subscribed committers.