Eclipse DROPS delivers to Ops teams a single, centralized and open-source solution for managing, building and deploying applications that is wholly independent of the underlying technology being deployed.
Key components of the project include:
- Eclipse DROPS Server - based on REST APIs communication and built on Equinox – the DROPS server:
- Manages all the data,
- Supports all the configuration actions (Repositories, Users, Rights and Roles Schema, etc)
- Executes, plans, delegates or monitors deployment operations
- Interacts with external provisioning or instantiation solutions
- Provides all the information required to generate statistics and reports
- Proposes multiple extension mechanisms to interact with instantiation and provisioning solutions, external artifact repositories or technical target services.
- The RCP-based Eclipse DROPS Studio that provides a rich GUI to manage all configurations and operations
- The Eclipse DROPS-Agent- based on REST APIs communication, the agent is optional and used to remotely execute the deployment activities
- A set of Out-of-the-Box starter scripts that could be used to define deployment processes