Eclipse Golo 3.0.0-incubation
This is our first release since joining the Eclipse Foundation. We produced 3 milestones that introduced notable features and changes to the Golo programming language:
A complete changes summary can be found at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Golo/Roadmap-v3.0
This marks a concrete progress compared to the possible work items of our incubation proposal.
The main changes in this release are:
- Support of Java 8
- Named arguments
- Union types
- Fixed LL(k) parser for operators
- foreach loops with guard conditions
- Easier adapter generation API
- Extensible CLI subcommands
- Collection comprehensions, inspired by Python
- A switch to the Gradle build tool
- Simplified parser errors.
Golo talks were given at events such as the JUG SummerCamp in France. A tools in action session will also happen at Devoxx 2015 http://cfp.devoxx.be/2015/talk/JVJ-2637/Cylons_have_written_%22The_Plan%22_in_Golo