Eclipse AspectJ 1.9.0
- support compiling and weaving of Java 9 source code
- rebased on the Java9 supporting version of Eclipse JDT (4.8.0.m5 released version)
- much faster pointcut matching for Spring AOP style use cases
- upgrade internal bytecode toolkit code to understand Java9 bytecode
- upgrade asm library dependency to a version that supports java9
Nothing is being removed/end-of-lifed although as the JDT compiler increases the minimum required java level tends to get bumped up for AspectJ, currently Java8.
The compiler/weaver should be run on Java8.