Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
Trace Compass 1.2 is a minor release that ships with the Mars.2 update release.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
No architectural changes for this release.
There are no security issues.
Trace Compass documentation is kept up-to-date for added and changed features. The developer and user guides are available as Eclipse help plug-ins and are part of the installable features. The latest released versions are also available on the Eclipse Foundation's web page.
- Trace Compass aims to conform to the Eclipse user interface guidelines.
- The UI components support for keyboard navigation.
- All of our strings are externalized but there are currently no language packs.
- Trace Compass is designed to support large trace data that exceeds the available memory while providing a responsive UI.
User experience is very important for us and we continuously work on improving the user experience.
We have no end-of-life issues to discuss at this time.
Trace Compass comes with multipe built-in trace parsers for the following standard:
- Common Trace Format (CTF)
- GDB traces for debugging
- Best Trace Format for OSEK
- The libpcap (PAcket CAPture) format, for network traces
Trace Compass provides a remote tracer control for LTTng Kernel and UST Tracers for configuring of trace sessions.
- 7 active committers from 3 different organizations
- Trace Compass can be setup using Oomph. We hope this lowers the barrier-to-entry and stimulates the growth of our community.
- User interaction via Bugzilla, IRC chat (#tracecompass) and mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bugzilla has been used for planning and bug tracking. In the future the project will also pilot the use of the open-source ALM (application lifecycle management) tool. This will help us to improve project planning and collaboration across various contributing organisations. An instance of Tuleap is currently installed at Eclipse and the project can be found here.
- Centralized update site and download page for the standalone RCP
- Trace Compass is part of the PolarSys solutions
- Strong relationship with the LTTng project. Project members interact with this community via mailing list (email@example.com)
- Many interactions with the CDT project. One committer is also committer in CDT.
- Trace Compass has been the preferred Trace Analysis Tool for students as part of the trace research projects with the Polytechnique Montreal university. Many enhancements for Trace Compass has been an outcome of these reseach projects. See below for a link to the current active research track: