- Support for SWT applications and Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers distribution
- API based on PageObjects design pattern
- Integration with JUnit - built on top of JUnit with customized test flow and test tracking
- Wait conditions - wait for UI or Eclipse state
- Test Requirements - annotation driven configuration to prepare required test environment
- Graphical support (GEF/Graphiti)
- Support for running tests in a Jenkins CI environment
- Support for Windows, MacOSX, Linux
- UI tooling facilitating test development
The Eclipse RedDeer project is an extensible framework used for development of automated SWT/Eclipse tests which interacts with application’s user interface. RedDeer provides the PageObjects API for comfortable testing of standard SWT (Buttons, Trees..), JFace (UIForms), Workbench (Views, Editors, ..) and Eclipse (Wizards, Preferences,...) components and also allows creating and extending your own components. RedDeer also provides capabilities to work with graphical editors based on GEF or Graphiti.
Eclipse RedDeer is extensively tested on 3 major platforms - Windows, MacOSX and Linux to ensure that all nuances in the SWT implementations are handled correctly. Examination of test results in CI environment is easier thanks to capturing screenshots on test failures and collecting Eclipse Platform log.
The contributed codes are licensed under the Eclipse Public License 1.0 and Red Hat is the copyright owner.
- Cover all wizards, preferences and views in Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers
- Selenium integration for testing internal Eclipse browser
- Code generator