Eclipse eCAL™ (enhanced Communication Abstraction Layer) provides a middleware that enables scalable, high performance interprocess communication on a single computer node or between different nodes in a computer network. Eclipse eCAL uses a publish-subscribe pattern to automatically connect different nodes in the network.
The middleware solution enables rapid prototyping for those high performance distributed meta-applications by providing the following base features:
- intraprocess, interprocess and interhost communication
- different transport layer implementations (shared memory, UDP, TCP)
- different communication patterns as publish/subscribe and server/client
- builtin support for multiple standard message protocols like google protobuf, flatbuffers or capnproto
- support for Windows as well as POSIX operating systems
- language bindings to C, C++, C#, Python, Rust, Go, M-Script
- powerful additional tools for live data monitoring, recording and replay
For full documentation see official eCAL documentation.
The content of this open source project is received and distributed under the license(s) listed above. Some source code and binaries may be distributed under different terms. Specific license information is provided in file headers and in NOTICE files distributed with the project's binaries.