The scope of the Eclipse GLSP™ comprises...
- A generic server framework for building language-specific graphical language servers
- A protocol for communicating graphical language definitions (e.g. which edit operations are allowed in a certain context), as well as for transferring the application of edit operations
- A generic client framework for different platforms in order to allow building specific graphical language clients that can communicate with graphical language servers
Out of scope are…
- Diagramming frameworks, such as Eclipse Sprotty or GEF and GMF. Those shall be reused in order to build graphical language clients for different platforms.
- Tools to define or generate diagram editors, such as GMF Tooling or Sirius.