The Eclipse OpenSmartCLIDE is based on Eclipse Theia, which provides all of the tools necessary for development. Theia consists of a rich interface with a vast range of features that accelerate deployment of cloud services, improve their quality, and expand the skills of novice and experienced developers.
The main features of the Eclipse OpenSmartCLIDE include:
- Life cycle support. Software follows a life cycle, from feature specification to solution deployment. Eclipse OpenSmartCLIDE provides the specific tools required at each life-cycle stage. For example, at the development stage, Eclipse OpenSmartCLIDE provides data sources, data transformations, graphics visualization artifacts, and general-purpose abstractions and patterns that can be combined to implement features.
- Insightful source code monitoring. Eclipse OpenSmartCLIDE includes visualization features that help developers gain deeper understanding of the source code. It dynamically shows the meaning of expressions or code flow at low levels of granularity. It also allows developers to compare different software states, perform state changes that are reflected dynamically, and create new abstractions that can be easily reused.
- CI/CD integration. Eclipse OpenSmartCLIDE enables integration with widely used CI/CD tools such as GitHub and GitLab.
The Eclipse OpenSmartCLIDE also includes innovative features that leverage the power of a deep learning engine:
- Development by demonstration and text notation. Eclipse OpenSmartCLIDE automatically retrieves resources that are considered relevant for the new development. The end user can use text notation to enhance the description of the retrieved behaviour or algorithm. The deep learning engine then uses these notations to suggest programmatic solutions that result in the desired output.
- Automatic software classification. The deep learning engine automatically identifies and classifies existing and new software abstractions that can be visualized in the IDE for reuse based on the purpose or behaviour defined by the end user.
- Continuous integration and deployment assistance. End users are guided through each life cycle stage, ensuring the code generated has been properly tested, accurately integrated within the corresponding development branch, and automatically deployed in the selected cloud service. These capabilities align with the end-to-end responsibilities associated with the DevOps philosophy.
The content of this open source project is received and distributed under the license(s) listed above. Some source code and binaries may be distributed under different terms. Specific license information is provided in file headers and in NOTICE files distributed with the project's binaries.