Eclipse Concierge is a small-footprint implementation of the OSGi Core Specifications R5 standard optimized for mobile and embedded devices.
The following are the goals and plans for the Concierge project:
- Bringing the framework to compliance with the current OSGi core R5 specifications by aggressively focusing on the new and future-proof features such as the generic requirement/capability model and thereby keeping the footprint small. The target is in the order of 300-400 kB Jar file size. Furthermore, the framework should not only run on current and upcoming Java embedded profiles (e.g., Java 8 compact profile)
- Keeping the source code compact and readable so that interested people have a realistic chance of understanding the internals of an OSGi framework.
- Exploring new ways of integrating OSGi into mobile and embedded system stacks.
- Being a sandbox for experimental features and optimizations for existing OSGi features that can be consumed by the Equinox project.
- Providing a platform for exploratory research on how to bring the Java VM and the OSGi layer closer together to improve runtime performance.
The following are the non-goals:
- It is not a goal to run the Eclipse IDE on Concierge any time soon.
The content of this open source project is received and distributed under the license(s) listed above. Some source code and binaries may be distributed under different terms. Specific license information is provided in file headers and in NOTICE files distributed with the project's binaries.