This release concludes Hono's incubation phase regarding both, development of a consistent feature set as well as learning the Eclipse development process and build-up of a community around Hono.
We have created several 1.0.0 milestones since version 0.9 which mainly focused on
- improving functionality for sending commands to devices connected via (potentially changing) gateways
- finalizing Hono's public APIs, in particular we added an HTTP based standard API for managing the content of the device registry
- removing deprecated functionality like support for the legacy, Graphite based metrics back end
- adding and improving Helm based deployment to Kubernetes as the only supported way of deploying Hono
- support for limiting protocol adapters' resource usage by means of setting limits for the number of connected devices and message data volume at the tenant level