Eclipse Kapua 1.2.0 is aimed at improving and consolidating the following areas:
- Persistency Layer
- Authentication and authorization
- REST API endpoints and documentation
- Test coverage
A total of 124 issues have been solved in this version. The most notable features and changes introduced by this release are:
- The persistency layer is now capable to support a pluggable in-memory cache that implements the Java Caching API (spec jsr107). With the cache some of the most used data stored in the database that is almost read-only can be accessed at higher speed. The cache is optional and when configured will be used transparently.
- Delegated authentication is now better supported within the console. Delegated authentication is supported through through OpenID Connect provider. In this context some issues affecting the console have been addressed as well.
- Current REST API have been documented through OpenAPI specification which allows a standard, language-agnostic description of the API.
- More functionalities have been exposed through the REST API for Device Jobs, Device Configuration, Authentication and Authorization.
- More unit and integration tests have been added in order to increase the code coverage.
Friday, June 5, 2020
IP Due Diligence Type: