The following are the plan items for the Ponte project:
- Build a reusable solution for bridging several M2M protocols to REST:
- Formalize a REST API for reading, writing and accessing the history of sensors and actuators.
- Expose the MQ Telemetry Transport, also hosted within Eclipse, through the REST API.
- Expose the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), which is being standardized by the IETF, through the REST API.
- Define an internal API for adding new protocols easily, through plugins.
- Define a a JSON-based support for message formats, and add converters between them. The converters API should be exposed to Ponte through plugins.
- Study an OAuth 2 solution that can be embedded inside the machines, to allow the end user, and eventually the owner, to authorize or deny every access.
The content of this open source project is received and distributed under the license(s) listed above. Some source code and binaries may be distributed under different terms. Specific license information is provided in file headers and in NOTICE files distributed with the project's binaries.
Active Member Companies:
Member companies supporting this project over the last three months.