The following are the plan items for the Ponte project:
- Build a reusable solution for bridging several M2M protocols to REST:
- Formalize a REST API for reading, writing and accessing the history of sensors and actuators.
- Expose the MQ Telemetry Transport, also hosted within Eclipse, through the REST API.
- Expose the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), which is being standardized by the IETF, through the REST API.
- Define an internal API for adding new protocols easily, through plugins.
- Define a a JSON-based support for message formats, and add converters between them. The converters API should be exposed to Ponte through plugins.
- Study an OAuth 2 solution that can be embedded inside the machines, to allow the end user, and eventually the owner, to authorize or deny every access.